do guardians have the same rights as perents question If…

Customer Question
do guardians have the same...
do guardians have the same rights as parents?
question: If the mom died, the father gave up his leagal rights to his 5 year old daughter to her grand parents, who are legal guardians now appointed by the court. The grand parents are moving to the States, and have received their ssns and green cards, do they have the rights to apply for the 5 year old to live in the United States as a permanent resident?
there is info on this type of a question below, but specifically legal guardians are not mentioned:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=51ea3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=51ea3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

The grandparents would need to adopt their grandchild prior to filing the petition
What is the grandparents are not qualified by age to adopt the child?
there is not an age restriction in the United States to adopt
The grandaughter was born in Ukraine, the grandparents were born there as well. The grand parents are moving to the States, and have received their ssns and green cards already. The 5 year old travels with them with a visitor's visa which is attached to the grandfathers passport.

I will opt out so another expert can assist you
Relist: Incomplete answer.