Hello, I was arrested in Mi. for driving without a license.

Customer Question
I have a court date...
Hello, I was arrested in Mi. for driving without a license. I have a court date. I have an outstanding DUI warrent from Pa. from 20 years ago. When I go to court, will they bring up anything from Pa. or will I just be dealing with what I was arrested for in Mi. ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If they did not arrest you for the PA warrant and transfer you there, then they're only interested in the MI warrant. It looks like the PA warrant slipped through the cracks, b/c normally they would extradite you to stand trial on it. OR PA declined prosecution.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

So, do I understand correctly, that when I show up for my court date, I will only be facing the my arrest of driving with no license. The court will not somehow look to see if I have any outstanding warrants ?
That was the job of the police officer when he pulled you over. I'm not promising that they haven't double checked and you won't be taken into custody in court once they find out/have found out, but as is, you are going only for the latest charge.

Ely, Counselor at Law
How could I find out if I have an outstanding warrant in Pa. ?
All you have to do is to call bail bond agency anywhere in PA (best in the county where you think you have it) and ask them to run your name. They will tell you.

I called a bail bondsman, they said that I would have to call the DA. In that County. They could not do that. I am affraid to call the DA.
Did they say if there was a warrant or not?
They could not tell me if I had a warrant. What would happen if I were to call the DA ?
Hello,I am sorry you couldn't find out the information this way. Then, have a friend in state call the DA FOR you and see if there is a warrant. If there is, have your friend negotiate a pre-set affordable bond (remember, you'd only pay 15% of it, so don't freak out if it is $5,000 or something akin to this) and then turn yourself in with the bail bond agent standing buy to put the bond in ASAP, and be back out with a court date within 4-8 hours.