what are the laws governing phone harrassment to a used car…

Customer Question
what are the laws governing...
what are the laws governing phone harrassment to a used car lot that is using ileagl practices? also, when a another person tired to intervine and called said car lot every 5 minutes, for over a hour. and when young couple got to lot their vehcile was repo'd with all payments current. they are now with out transportation. Plus the young man was put in a choke hold and passed out. medics had to be called and a police report was made. what are their options.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.They need a Texas lawyer to file lawsuit here for wrongful repossession and the other acts including assault.It sounds like they were innocent parties and that they are due some damages for all of this including their mental anguish.Here is Texas lawyer referral for them to seek to file lawsuit in this matter.

Contact us by phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor (877) 9TEXBAR (Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays. We also have phone services in Spanish.

Contact us online: To search for members of our referral service, use our new online service!

Our Service Area

Our LRIS program serves more than 240 counties in Texas. We assist more than 80,000 callers like you each year.

To help you find a lawyer, tell us the county where you need an attorney.

If our service does not cover the county you need, we will refer you to an LRIS program that can assist you.

Other Lawyer Referral Services in Texas: If we do not serve your county, we will refer you to a certified LRIS program that can help you.

Steps and Costs

1. Our LRIS staff will ask you three things:

· The county where you need the attorney
· Basic information about your legal problem
· Your name, mailing address, and telephone number

In order to receive a referral from our service, we must have your name and mailing address. This information is only shared with the attorney we refer you to. We do not sell, rent or share your information with anybody else.

2. Once we refer you to a lawyer, it is your responsibility to make the first call. When you make the call, let the lawyer know that you have been referred by the State Bar LRIS service.

3. Your lawyer will charge you an initial consultation fee for the first ½ hour of his or her time. This ½ hour fee will be no more than $20.

After that, additional charges should be determined by an agreement between you and your attorney.

Do not hesitate to discuss details about money! Make sure you understand completely what your lawyer will be charging you.

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/25/2010 at 4:40 PM EST
question about phone harrassment not addressed.