Is there anyway to obtain my dads SS#, I contracted asbestos…

Customer Question
Is there anyway to obtain...
Is there anyway to obtain my dads SS#, I contracted asbestos because he used certain products in our home. I need his SS# XXXXX file claims on my behalf. My dad has Dementia and my stepmom will not give it to me. Can I take her to court to obtain this information to help with my claims?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Attorney replied 8 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Who has power of attorney over your father's affairs?
She does, our family went to court and we just decided to give her guardianship over my dad.
Have you gone to court to look at those guardianship papers?
We just got out of court a month ago about this and we decided to let her have it. I was not thinking about the SS# XXXXX that time.
Well, no, you cannot force her to give you the number.

And, under the law, you have no right to it and you can't acquire it from other resources.

That said, you may want to go to the court that handled your dad's guardianship, ask to review the court file and see if anywhere in those papers your dad's SS# XXXXX XXXXX

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
One more question. My stepmom seems to think that the money I have received from my Asbestos Case is realy my dads and she has hired lawyers to look into this even take me to court. My dad used these products when he was married to my mom and I am the one that contracted asbestos not my dad.
I'm sorry but there's no perspective that I can offer on that.
Well, do you think that she has a chance?
Without the benefit of reviewing all of the papers and gaining a greater understanding of where she's coming from, I have no idea. If you had attorneys assist you in your original settlement, you should direct your question to them.

I guess that would make sense. thank you I will do that.

Good luck. I hope you found these answers to be ACCEPTable!