i was a sergeant in the military stationed in italy my girlfriend…

Customer Question
i was a sergeant in...
i was a sergeant in the military stationed in italy my girlfriend was also a sergeant in the army, the year was april 1997, to make a long story short, i was convicted of raping her and served 18 months in a rcf. its been 12 years and i have to registor for the rest of my life . i live in pa. and have not had any trouble of any type except a speeding ticket. i have owned my own company for the last three years. i am still bitter because i never raped anyone in my life and the laws are getting more and more strict. is there anything i can do to be removed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Unfortunately there are no legal provisions to remove such a charge from your record perhaps short of a Presidential pardon which is pretty much impossible to obtain on a charge like this. There have been numerous challenges to the sex offender registry laws but to date the courts have upheld them no matter how harsh they seem.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”