How does a teacher handle repeated workplace slander that is…

Customer Question
How does a teacher handle...
How does a teacher handle repeated workplace slander that is unsubstatiated?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You could have local lawyer threaten defamation suit and include cease and desist language.Certainly you can argue that you have been defamed and your reputation damaged.You would need a local lawyer to pursue damages in court. A demand letter might at least put a stop to this defamation..
I am the newly appointed UFT rep and this case has been brought to my attention. How do I proceed when the Parent Association President who held an illegal election to hold her position and has not children she is a guardian of to hold this position presented these unfounded allegations? She has political connections that stop the appeal process at a regional/district level. How do I go beyond even the person who supplies me with Union informations covers up for her.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Local lawyer and a demand letter and lawsuit for damages here.Certianly you were harmed and suffered anguish and career damage.