Ray, are you out there. My name is John Lewis. Would you…

Customer Question
Ray, are you out there...
Ray, are you out there. My name isXXXXX Would you handle the appeal for me? I am a nurse practitioner with 30 years if exemplary experience. Sadly have a black mark. I signed a physicians name to a pain medicine 5 years ago and Haven't been able to work since. I think I am flagged in the National Providers Data Bank. I made no attempt to divert the drugs from the patient or the pharmacy. http://www.npdb-hipdb.hrsa.gov/dispute.html. I am on the list. [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
We aren't allowed to take clients off site.I'm sorry but JA is real strict about this and it is part of agreement we sign.Lawyer referral for you here

WHO TO CALL...

There are three different lawyer referral services in the state of Missouri.

The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service is located in Jefferson City. We provide referrals to attorneys on a statewide basis, except for St. Louis and Springfield. You can reach us at: (NNN) NNN-NNNN Monday through Friday from 9 AM until Noon and then again from 1 PM until 3 PM.

Do you need an attorney in St. Louis? Call the St. Louis Metropolitan Bar Lawyer Referral Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Do you need an attorney in Springfield? Call the Springfield Metropolitan Bar at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Do you need an attorney in a different state? We have contact information available for other lawyer referral services around the country. Call us at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service

You'll get to talk with a real person… Sometimes you need a lawyer. Sometimes you need more information. Sometimes it's hard to know what you need.

Do you need a lawyer? What kind of attorney do you need? If you use the phone book or a lawyer search via the internet, you'll have to decide the kind of attorney you need on your own.

Unlike listings in the phone book or on-line searches, when you call the referral service you can visit with an experienced staff person, in complete confidence, who can help you to figure it out.

If you need legal advice or representation, we can refer you to a lawyer who practices within the geographical area where you need a lawyer; and the kind of attorney that is appropriate for your situation.

If you need information, we will do our best to direct you to appropriate resources, which may include printed material, websites, or other services or agencies.

How does the referral service work…?

You may telephone The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Our hours are 9 AM until Noon and then again from 1 PM until 3 PM, Monday through Friday. If you call after our regular business hours, you can leave a message and your call will be returned.

We charge $25.00 to refer you to an attorney and make one referral at a time. The $25.00 fee entitles you to an up-to-thirty-minute consultation with an attorney where you can get your legal questions answered and get legal advice.

There is no guarantee the attorney we refer you to will take your case. There is no obligation on your part to hire the attorney. If the attorney agrees to represent you, the attorney will charge you for his/her services at their normal and customary rates.

The attorney does not charge you for the up-to-thirty minute consultation. The $25.00 is paid to The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service. For your convenience, we now offer payment of the $25.00 fee by debit or credit card.

We are not affiliated with legal aid and we do not have free or pro bono attorneys.

What are the benefits of using the referral service?...

We have over 100 participating attorney members in private practice who are in good standing with The Missouri Bar.

We require and verify that all our member attorneys carry professional liability insurance.

The Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service On-Line Form

For your convenience, we have an on-line Contact Form available. We are unable to make referrals via e-mail or on-line but if you would like to fill out our form, we will contact you within two working days. Click HERE for form.

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/25/2010 at 2:15 AM EST