i feel i have recently been discriminated against while applying…

i feel i have recently...
i feel i have recently been discriminated against while applying to rent a house for being a college student. (age 26!) The owners are a Property management corp. that own many properties through toledo ohio. They are chinese and the man after finding out i was a student said oh no students. i then assured him i was grown and wasnt going to cause problems or damage the property. he let me see the house and told me i could come back the next day to bring the application for a credit check. when i called this morning he said he has 3 applications already and tried to discourage me from dropping it off. i insisted and when i arrived he was still showing the property to other perspective tenets. Upon giving him our application he refused our money for the application fee and said he would call us tomorrow... when he left i did not even see him with our application. If he threw it away i will be very upset since ALL my personal information is on it.
6/25/2010
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer

Unfortunately, "students" are not a protected class of individuals under the federal anti-discrimination laws or the laws of Ohio. "Protected class" is a term used in United States anti-discrimination law. The term describes groups of people who are protected from discrimination and harassment. The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" and persons cannot be discriminated against based on these characteristics:

It would have been illegal to discriminate against you based on any of the above reasons, but not based on your student status. However, I know that does not make it any less frustrating as this happened to me while I was in law school! If you have any more questions, please just let me know. Please don't forget to accept my answer as that is the only way I can receive credit for helping you today. You will be charged nothing further for pressing accept. Thanks.

LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
That is such crap! I felt they were being unfair as i met every requirment they specified for other candidates, credit, background and income! Thanks anyway....
You're right--it's crap! Wish I had better news for you, I truly do. But hey--good luck in your studies and have a wonderful summer!
Thanks! Maybe i'll miraculously get it anyway haha! thanks again for your help.
Yeah, you never know! Take care and thanks for using Justanswer.com!