If a female employee has reported incidents of harressment…

Customer Question
If a female employee has...
If a female employee has reported incidents of harressment to her managers and it only created a hostile work environment and they tried to keep her upset so she would quit, when did not they tried 2 fire her by creating false claims and she ask to see her personal file and request a meeting with corporate not one of the incidents that she had reported was in the file and corporate knew nothing about these serious issues and was shocked. After her manager knew that she had this meeting set up he made a call over the weekend to the owner and said she was making trouble when she has only been praised for her work. Once she started doing her job so well it showed that her manager had not been doing what he was suppose to and even though she was helping him to look really good and was asking him to let her do more to help, instead of him seeing her as the asset she was to him he was so insecure he thought she might take his job which was never the case and not what she was hired to do. He told her he had the last girl fired by having people call in complaints on her. She tried to make him understand she was only trying to help and to please stop the abuse. It got worst. She then went to his boss who hired her numerous times and he never addressed it nor was it in her file that she had come to him with these serious issues. He realizes that he is responsible for the actions of his manager so he makes the call over the weekend to discredit her. She has documented everything and even had saved phone text which corporate took pictures of. They told her they would call everyone in and be back to her in a couple of days. Her managers do not speak to her. What should she do since nothing was in her file and they are lying to cover up?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
If this conduct against you is based upon your gender, then your first step is you must file a complaint with the EEOC and they must investigate under the rule that you must exhaust all administrative remedies before proceeding to court and the EEOC will issue a right to sue letter if they find evidence that the conduct towards you is based solely on your gender.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”