im a seafood wholesaler, one of my customer wrote me a bad…

Customer Question
i'm a seafood wholesaler, one...
i'm a seafood wholesaler, one of my customer wrote me a bad check three stright time, now they fill for bankruptcy, is there anything that i can do to recovery the money?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Tina, Lawyer

Yes. You need to file a claim against the customer with the bankruptcy court where they filed for protection. The clerk of the court can provide you with the forms you need.

Depending on all of the circumstances, you should receive at least partial payment for the goods you provided.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

___________________________________________________________________________________

Even if you have a subscription, please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by JA and then request follow-up assistance from me if necessary. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and cannot constitute legal advice based on rules of professional conduct. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you received if it is not favorable to your situation. I work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Please do not shoot the messenger if it is not the answer you wished to hear. As always, I continue to be dedicated to providing you with professional and courteous service