What kind of letter do I need to inform an ex-resident of my…

What kind of letter do...
What kind of letter do I need to inform an ex-resident of my rental that I intend to take them to small claims court over back rent and all monies it cost to repair the house and yard. They left a mess. I don't know how to word a document of intent that the judge says I need to write. I hope you can help me.

Thank you for your time.

Kathryn Schacht
Wells, NV
6/24/2010
Tina, Lawyer

You just need a demand letter to the tenant setting out the damages, deducting the security deposit, and showing the damages in excess of the security deposit that the tenant owes.

Address it to the tenant certified mail and return receipt requested (RRR) so you can prove it was received. Demand that payment be made by money order or cashier's check within 7 days of receipt of the letter. If they do not pay or respond, then you can use this as evidence in you small claims court action against the tenant.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

___________________________________________________________________________________

Even if you have a subscription, please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by JA and then request follow-up assistance from me if necessary. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and cannot constitute legal advice based on rules of professional conduct. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you received if it is not favorable to your situation. I work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Please do not shoot the messenger if it is not the answer you wished to hear. As always, I continue to be dedicated to providing you with professional and courteous service

Tina, Lawyer
Do I need to itemize or produce receipts in this document? Kathryn

Itemize the damages, but you don't need to provide your proof until you get to court.

Good luck and take care!