We are having landlord tenant issues. First she will not fix…

Customer Question
We are having landlord tenant...
We are having landlord tenant issues. First she will not fix or allow us to fix issues that need to be fixed. Next she has listened to unqualified people telling her about our animals. Then she had a friend come over and take a look at the house, now she is ordering us to vacate the house, and we have only been here 3 months. The friend that looked at the house, had no experience with in experiene in inspection, nor was thaperson licensed to inspect any house period. In fact the owner of the house is one of these people that will find anything wrong to where she doesn't have to to give back all the deposit money. This is what I was told by the previous tenants. They had painted over some d, areas on the wall, then was told that they used the wrong paint, and she held back part of the deposit . But did not repair the damage that they supposedly left. This whole thing goes back to a animal complaint that was supposedly called in, around March of this yr. Ii have yet to see the proof of that call. I have told them, that I believe that they are lying and that the whole thing was done to train a new animal cop for Fairfax County.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

I understand your frustration.

What's your question?

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Ok: I just lost connection but here I am again. I won't go into the beginning, other than to say this.

there was a call to Fairfax County Animal Control, after Pampers died. Supposedly this is what started the whole thing. Pampers was our 10 yr old siamese lynx mixed that had heart issues. We noticed this and sped off to the vet, in the process of driving to the vet, she messed on herself, and bit me, all this occured and then we died. Animal control came out later to the vet and retrieved a dead kitty to do what. They needed to test her for rabies, and that involved cuting off her head. But they refused to return her to be properly disposed off. As they said that to de responsibility of the vet toly do that. To say the least, I was totally insulted the way that tax-payer monies were being spent in this issue.

The trainee officer Ms. Macintosh has been out to our house, twice since we moved. No matter what we did, she was not happy. She always found something wrong in what we did. We just could not make her happy. I then corresponded with the head of Fairfax Animal Control and didn't get much further with that person. I have basically concluded that they wasted taxpayer money in the operation of that department and how they conducted the case.

The next thing that Officer macintosh did was the following. She called the owner of the house that we are renting, (Roberta Kane), who lives in Ohio and told her what was going on. She then told her about the other house that we moved from, and told Ms. kane that the carpet had to be taken up to t he b ase board. She woujld have only found that out by purposly going byge the other house, to get that info. This was illegal, also calling the owner was illegal.

The owner got involved by saying she was going to have inspection weekly. She stauck with the idea and went from there. She had one inspection and then decided that we were going to move.

Moving is out of the question. As we don't have the money period. My husband is the only one that works, as I am unemployed because of th recession and my age (55). I have been out of work for over 2 yrs, because of the recession and my age. Everywhere I go, they want my age, which is an illegal question.

To conclude this, this is what I want. Info from the phone call that started this.

1. Date and time of the call.

2. The name of the person who made the call. That person ordered to court, to testify of what he/she saw.

3. What was said on that call.

4. The person who took the call, that is. The name and credentials of that person. Obviously that person is a employee of Fairfax County. I want the name and credentials of that person. Give me this he info, or admit that the whole thing was made up to train a new animal officer (Officer macintosh).

We also want to stay in the house, as moving is too stressful and we don't have the money to move. Lets work this thing out. Moving will do no good. Also I myself can't handle the stress of moving on my knees. I am on anti-depresents for back pain, and need both knees replaced.

I don't think I can assist you further, so I shall opt out and let any other expert here who wishes to try to help to enter the conversation.

Best wishes.