I received a call from John King of Woodsbury E-Comm Services,

Customer Question
I received a call from...
I received a call from XXXXX XXXXX of Woodsbury E-Comm Services, Inc. saying that he is trying to collect a debt for Golden Casino of $23,000 ... he sent me a list of my "purchases" and they are dated 4/16/2010. He threatens to take me to court ... I can't find any information on him or the company expect for a website 800notes.com ... people have reported the same thing and claim it is a scam. Can you help me? Kendall Kelly - XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello Kendall,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

IS that your debt, or you've never gone to the Golden Casino?

I had an account with a Bingo web site. Back in 2007 my friend's business debit card was scamed for $16,000 ... Apparently, Golden Casino took over my account from the bingo site. This was shortly after my purse had been stolen. However, I did not make the purchases (what they call deposits). It took a lengthy time with his bank to clear my name. He claims that I deposited over 150,000 !!! I just don't have that kind of money. It took a lengthy period with the bank to clear my name. Now this has come up and I am scared. The number he calls from is XXX-XXX-XXXX and he wants $23,000. The website 800notes.com has many posts from people in the same situation regarding the phone number, the company name and XXXXX XXXXX's name.
Did you file a police report after your purse got stolen?
Yes I did
The statue of limitations for "Fraud" is 3 years ... and I believe he is not in this country.
Then this is either a scam, or otherwise he is out of statute anyways. Furthermore, contact him back, tell him briefly that you filed a police report in regards XXXXX XXXXX stolen identity, and if he wants money, he should sue you in court and good luck proving it was you. Seriously. He's outside the country, he can't do anything, and if he hires an attorney, you have an affirmative defense of ID theft. He'll likely stop calling and ignore all other calls/emails from him.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”