I am an Indian working in USA on L1 Visa , got married to Russian…

Customer Question
I am an Indian working...
I am an Indian working in USA on L1 Visa , got married to Russian in yoga community on 28th Dec 2009 , in Italy. Then she came to U.S.A for 3 months through B1/B2 Tourists Visa sent by someone. She came on 28 th March 2010 and we registered in March 30 2010 in Denver , Colorado . Her I-94 visa is valid till 29 th June 2010.
After marriage registration , she started harassing me and beating me. She is asking me to give her legal dependent L2 Visa , all my Visa Documents , Bank Details and to give my salary to her and she would be staying separately in another state Newyork without me. She is trying to collect all my legal documents with intension to file a case against me. She is asking me to sign on a blank documents.She only married me in the intension to settle in USA and take all my money. She is not willing for divorce.
She is crueling treating and beating me , She is threatening to kill me if I dont listen her and saying that all the laws in USA and India shall support ladies only.
How should I proceed to apply for nullifying the marriage or apply for Divorce. Is the Colorado Marriage Certificate valid only in USA or also in India. Do I need to go back to India to protect myself before she files case against me. Do I need to change my company. How long does it take to divorce. How incase she extends her stay or come to USA again. Please help me. Please provide me contact details. Right now she is with me and she leaves to USA after 5 days. She is harassing me daily.
Should I call Immigration to deport her immediately. Or see that after she leaves I apply for nullification or divorce. Will it be costly then
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.File for divorce/annulment here as soon as possible.To me you run risk of say her trying to open joint credit cards or other harm Any debt she incurs here while you are still married is potentially half yours.She doesn't have to agree to divorce/annulment -- you file and serve her.You will need local lawyer to do so and get her served and the matter set for hearing.Do this for your protection.You can notify immigration here once you are divorced.But if you let her get deported here before you file you will never get her served if she disappears.File now while you can find her.