My alternative sentising is due in a week and I am not done,

Customer Question
can and how do I...
My alternative sentising is due in a week and I am not done, can and how do I get an extention. I can not afford my Lawer any more.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Has your attorney withdrawn from the case already?

Not to my knowlage, he is on vacation till middle of July.
What you have to do is to verbally ask for a CONTINUANCE in court and explain the situation. The Judge will usually be okay with resetting the hearing until you have counsel.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

I still can't afford my lawyer, is there a way for me to get the asp extented with out him.
Possibly by continuing to ask for a continuance, but after 2 or so reset, the Judge is just going to appoint an attorney and get it over with. :\