is there anything i can do about landlord not fixing roof…

Customer Question
is there anything i can...
is there anything i can do about landlord not fixing roof ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
The landlord would likely be held responsible for any damages that occur a reasonable time period after you informed him of the problem. In addition, this could be considered a constructive eviction and allow you out of the lease and may make him responsible for moving and any other additional expenses.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.