i have a possession judgment against me from 06, i didnt owe…

Customer Question
i have a possession judgment...
i have a possession judgment against me from 06, i didnt owe any money rent was on time and never late, she was my ex sister-in-law and i was living month to month after 3 yrs, i had a girlfriend that would vist me and one day me aqnd my girlfriend at the time got in a little argument and my ex sister-n-law said i could no longer bring her to my apt. and i told her no, so she proceeded to have me evicted, now ive got my son and trying to find a 2br and keep getting turned down due to the eviction is their anything i can do to get it off my record?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Unfortunately, the answer is no you can't get it expunged or removed from your record. This is a civil matter not a criminal one, so it is not eligible to be expunged. It will drop off your credit report after 7 years, but that is not helpful now.

.

I would simply be up front with any apartment manager and explain the situation as you have done here and ask them if that would disqualify you. At least that way you can avoid the cost of the credit check. You will likely find better results with a private landlord rather than a leasing company as the private landlords are more inclined to bend their rules.

.

.

Thanks

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" BUTTON NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional, and are greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.