I hired an Attorney but after paying her $1,500. she had done…

Customer Question
I hired an Attorney but...
I hired an Attorney but after paying her $1,500. she had done nothing but charge me for the phone calls I made to her. After two years later she sent me a pile of papers asking for more money ($409.00) for a Retainer AGREEMENT, I have already hired another Attorney who told me Lawyer #1 should give me my money back. ???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

You should write to the first attorney reminding her that you paid her a retainer of $1,500 for legal work on a specific matter, but to date, she has done nothing to advance your cause or protect your interests. Additionally, tell her that you demand the return of your $1,500 and if she does not return it within 5 days of the date of your letter, you will report her to the Florida Attorney Disciplinary Counsel.

_______________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

That is the only way I get paid

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!