Hello I live in Florida and am loaning a business owner 8,000.00…

Customer Question
Hello I live in Florida...
Hello I live in Florida and am loaning a business owner 8,000.00 dollars with no intrest to be repayed within 60 days in full. And as security having his car as collateral. The money I am lending him would be coming from my corperation , on the promissary note where the lenders name goes do I put my name or the corperations name? or does it matter?
Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Lawyer: dkennedy, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Chat Conversation Started
dkennedy :

Hello, I would definitely put the corporation's name on the line as the lender. You said the money was coming from the corporation. You might not think it matters, but it could. A corporation is a "legal person." It is like another human being. You can't just (legally that is) put money in and take money out at will. Your books are open for public scrutiny. So, to be on the safe side, the corp needs to lend the money.