Hi, Id like to know if Im applying for a mortgage loan

Customer Question
Hi, I'd like to know if...

I'd like to know if I'm applying for a mortgage loan and my employer fails to submit the employment verification form which stalls the mortgage and causes me to lose the property, do I have grounds for a lawsuit?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Thank you for your qestion

If you are applying for a mortgage loan, any delay on the part of your employer to furnish your income information to the lender would not give you the basis for a lawsuit and, unfortunately, the employer would not be liable for any consequential damages resulting from this delay such as losing the property, or an increas in the interest rate because of the passsage of time and things of that nature. I realize it is not fair and it is not right, but there is no lawsuit that you could file against your employer for this delay.

__________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Thanks Andrea

Thank you for accepting my Answer, I greatly appreciate it

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave some Positive Feedback!!!