I was divorced 6 years ago, I was too pay $300.00 a month for…

Customer Question
I was divorced 6 years...
I was divorced 6 years ago, I was too pay $300.00 a month for maintenance too the woman who initiiated the divorce and who was having an affair. I paid $400 per month child support for one daughter. Never have been late, never missed a payment. My daughter got married and moved to Alaska and my ex has been living with a guy for quite a while, she says she doesnt but everyone says she does, she is there all the time, I stopped paying her cause papers say if she remarries or cohabitates with someone... She is furious and is gonna get me good she claims, She is disabled, she claims but can sit in a bar 5 hours a day....None of these payments were paid through the court, all too her.....What would you suggest.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Lawyer: D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney replied 8 years ago
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Your best bet is to file for a modification of the support order with the court that originally issued the order since if she keeps her own separate residence, it will be hard for you to prove that she is remarried or cohabitating.
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Have so many people that would testify her living with him.
Yes, but the burden would still be on you to definitely prove that her primary residence is with this other man. Either way, you can submit such evidence in your petition to modify the support order.