If you recall, I have asked you several previous questions.

Customer Question
I did file an amended...
If you recall, I have asked you several previous questions. I did file an amended complaint. There was no response after 20 days when I called the Prothonotary's. Also, the attorney who I previously spoken to had not filed that he was representing the parties. So I called him and said I assumed he was not representing the defendants. He said he was but he was too busy to file the Answer, but he had it on his desk and would get it out the next week. He asked if I had a letter of notice and asked that I send it to him. (10 Day Notice regarding failure to respond to the complaint) Well, I sent the notice certified mail to him, but also sent copies to the defendants. In the meantime I did receive their answer to the complaint, but it was way over the 20 days. So----can I still act on my notice, or do I have to respond to their response????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2010
Lawyer: Law Pro, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Law Pro, Attorney
Did they respond within 10 days of your notice?
If they DID NOT respond within the 10 days you would file a Praecipe which is as follows:

FORM OF PRAECIPE TO PROTHONOTARY FOR
DEFAULT JUDGMENT

Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania
County of __________

_______________________ ) In the Court of Common
Plaintiff, ) Pleas, __________
v. ) County
_______________________ )
Defendant ) No. __________, 20__

To __________, Esq., Prothonotary, Court of Common Pleas:

Enter judgment in favor of the plaintiff and against the defendant above named for want of an answer, and assess the plaintiff's damages as follows:

Amount claimed in plaintiff's complaint........ $__________
Interest from ................................. $__________
Total ................................ $__________

It is certified that a written notice of intention to file this praecipe was mailed (delivered) to the defendant against whom judgment is to be entered and to his attorney of record, if any, after the default occurred and at least 10 days prior to the date of the filing of this praecipe.

_____________________,
Attorney for Plaintiff
(Date.)

Judgment entered and damages assessed as above.

____________________,
Prothonotary

[Attach a copy of the notice of intention to file the praecipe, or the agreement for extension of time.]

If they did respond or file a responsive pleading - preliminary objections OR answer (which can include a new matter and/or counterclaim) then you have to file a response to that.

What did they file?