My spouse has filed for divorce we had a pre nup agreement…

Customer Question
My spouse has filed for...
My spouse has filed for divorce we had a pre nup agreement that states my house would remain if we divorced. we have a loan that we used as a lein. The house was paid off when I first got the home. we have been married since 1982 and seperated since 2001. I have paid on this loan by myself since that time and still owining 61,000 on it. will he have to pay half and what about backpay?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Lawyer: legaleagle, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Since the loan was taken out during the marriage as a marital debt he can be ordered to pay his half of the total loan amount.