publisher sweepstake regarding entry of a prize and two magazines.

Customer Question
I got a letter from...
publisher sweepstake regarding entry of a prize and two magazines. I got a letter from them last welcoming me. I saw at the bottom of the letter it says my $99.32 initial installment. The number they gave me(NNN) NNN-NNNNis noy a working number.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Law Pro, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Law Pro, Attorney
They want you to pay $99.32 - is that correct?
No they took $99.32 from my checking account
Did you authorize that?
no
Did you contact your bank about the matter? If so, what did they say to you?

How did they get your bank account information?
not yet that was my next move, but since i have been on the computor with the bank closed. I will call them tomorrow
I would contact your bank and refute the charge/wthdrawal to your account - you only have 30 days within which to do so - so act immediately.

I would inform the bank that they didn't NOT have your authority to withdraw any funds out of your bank and that you specifically want to name them as someone who is prohibited from accessing your account for any monies whatsoever. I would place a "stop-pay" against them even if it will cost you the bank fees for doing such - otherwise they will just keep taking monies out forever on you.

Inform the bank that you want your account credited as this company did not have your authorization.

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.