LIFE INS CO WILL NOT RELEASE FUNDS-MY HUSBAND DIED IN CAR ACCIDENT.

Customer Question
OUR POLICY LAPSED FOR 1...
LIFE INS CO WILL NOT RELEASE FUNDS-MY HUSBAND DIED IN CAR ACCIDENT. OUR POLICY LAPSED FOR 1 MO. & REINSTATED WITH SAME POL.#. FILLED OUT REINSTATEMENT, BUT DID NOT ANSWER CORRECTLY. HE DIED JUST OF ACCIDENT. NO MEDICAL
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Is there a specific question I could help you with?

WHAT DO YOU NEED

I'm not sure what your question is. Could you be specific?
WHAT INFO DO YOU NEED
So far you haven't asked a question that I can see so I can't provide any information. If you will let me know what question you have I will try and help.
I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN REPRESENT MYSELF IN COURT AGAINST THE INSURANCE CO.
That is too general a concept to be able to answer. The answer to that question is that it works just the same as if you had an attorney, but you sign the pleadings yourself and note that you are appearing "pro se", but I'm pretty sure this isn't the answer you really need.

Can you be a little more specific in your question?
what do I need to do to take ins. co. to court. what is the procedure, what paper work do I need. Where do I go, what court. What I am trying to get an answer on is simple- how, where, paper work,. I want to bring the ins co to court and plead my own case. I am trying to answer you, . What is the steps I need to do.
Lawyer: Law Pro, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Law Pro, Attorney
The obvious question is - was the policy in force when he died?
YES, THE POLICY WAS IN FORCE. THE POLICY WAS TEN YRS OLD. LAPSED 1 MONTH PRIOR TO DEATH. REINSTATED SAME POLICY NO. THERE WERE QUESTIONS ON REINSTATEMENT ABOUT HIS UP TO DATE HEALTH. HE DID NOT TELL THEM ABOUT SOME MEDICAL, NOTHING TO DO WHY HE DIED. NO DRUGS ETC. HE DIED STRICTLY FROM ACCIDENT. I BELIEVE THIS ANSWERS ALL. JUST TELL ME HOW TO BRING THEM TO COURT WHATS THE PROCEDURE. I THINK THIS ANSWERS EVERYTHING. I AN A MOTHER OF 2 YOUNG CHILDREN HAVE NO INCOME.
That lapse might mean that it WAS NOT in force.

You have to completely comply with the reinstatement requirements OR the policy wasn't in force.

If you want to sue them - you will have to sue them for breach of contract.

Breach of contract action would be:

1) who you are
2) who the decedent is/was
3) that there was a life insurance policy in full force and effect upon decedent's life with ______, policy number _________
4) decedent died on ______
5) demand and provision of all documentation has been given to the defendant and yet they have not paid pursuant to the policy
Wherefore, plaintiff demands judgment against the defendant in the amount of the life insurance policy of _____, interest, court costs, and attorney's fees.

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.
HOW DO I START. WHAT PAPERS YOU ARE NOT GIVING ME ANSWERS WHERE DO I GO & YES THE POLICY WAS IN EFFECT I NEED TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE
You need to file a complaint in court against them. If you don't know what a complaint is - then your going to have to retain an attorney to do such because this venue can't give or prepare for you the papers to actually file. That is way beyond the ability of this venue.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
did not get how to rep myself (how, where, paper work, notification (where to). What I am trying to say the whole procedure.
Lawyer: NewYorkLaw101, Attorney replied 8 years ago
NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney

Hi and thanks for using Just Answer

First can you tell me what state you live in so I can direct you to the resources you will need to represent yourself against the insurance company?

LIVE IN N.Y. STATE (LONG ISLAND)
You can start by contacting
Nassau County Volunteer Lawyers Project
516-292-8299

1 Helen Keller Way
Hempstead, NY 11550

they will be able to assist you or direct you to someone who may be able to help you in your suit against the insurance company -

Hope this helps

Please remember to press ACCEPT