About 3 years ago my girlfriend was headed off to america to…

Customer Question
About 3 years ago my...
About 3 years ago my girlfriend was headed off to america to do some modelling work. She worked with an agency based in america. She flew to detroit first and was randomly stoppped. Theyy found emails saying she was going to be working in the country for a couple of weeks. Unknown to my girlfriend you have to offcourse have a visa for this. the police told her she was going to be put straight back on the plane home to the uk. She tried to explain to them that the agency didnt tell her that she needed a visa, but they didnt listen. she was told she cant go back to america but im wondering is there a way we could resolve this problem ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

She got a 3 year ban, didn't she?

yes she got a 3 year ban
Okay. It's too late to appeal it, b/c USCIS has an administrative right to do this. But she can file a waiver.For temporary visa, she needs to use a I-192:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=68db2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRDIn case she gets a permanent one, she can use an I-601:http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=bb515f56ff55d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRDThese waivers are usually approved unless she has a criminal history.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”