would it takes years if I decide to go to the DA for restitution…

Customer Question
would it takes years if...
would it takes years if I decide to go to the DA for restitution of a legal case whereby family members committed embezzlement, fraud and identity theft of myself of my family. Also, one of their properties, which now has a lies pendens on it is what is the issue. They are digging in deep not to give that up and being very very slow, as much as they can and the law allows. Case is almost a year and a half old already. thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
It could easily take years. The main problem is that when they are ordered to pay restitution they will have to pay it out over the term of their probation. if they don't get probation there is nothing the criminal system can do to force them to pay.

If you go through the civil process it is faster because you, through your lawyer, are controlling the speed at which the case flows.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.