My daugher is 3 years old and has overnight visits at her fathers…

Customer Question
My daugher is 3 years...
My daugher is 3 years old and has overnight visits at her fathers house every other weekend and a day visit on the other weekends of the month she comes home and tells me after her over night stays that "mommy I slept in the living room again thats not ok mommy" my ex husbans has our daughters bed in the living room and she has no bedroom of her own. What are the rules for overnight visits, should the child have their own bedroom?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

there are no laws that would apply, though you could request a modification of the overnights, if you feel that the environment is not in the best interest of your daughter. if you feel that not having her own room or sleeping on a sofa or a floor is going to be detrimental to her physical, emotional or mental health, then file the modification. request that the overnights be halted until he can secure a residence wherein your daughter can at least have a bed to sleep in.

to file the modification, you can contact the clerk of the court where the current Order originated and request the documents to file. the clerk cannot give you advice but can provide the forms to file.