Harrassment- I have worked for a company for 27 years. Recently…

Customer Question
Harrassment- I have worked...
Harrassment- I have worked for a company for 27 years. Recently underwent shoulder surgery(workers Comp) came back from that late Sept. 09, 2010. They changed my wage every day for four straight days significantly lower each day. I filed a Stress claim which W/C denied only to be overturned in the courts( Letter of Adjudication). Since October 1st, 2009 I have been written up for bogus write ups coincidently both times after seeking legal advice on my W/C. My pay was incorrect for 6 weeks consecutively. Then corrected 2 months later. Then I was not paid at all for my two weeks vacation, then I was paid but incorrectly since corrected. Now in April and June of 2010
I have been written up and suspended for 1 week the first time and now probably another week with no pay. The second time involved I was helping a co worker getting bullied about his overtime and engaged in a heated conversation(dual). I am shop steward and it is my duty not to let this stuff not happen in front of peers. I told the manager and G.M. this should have been behind closed doors. They said they can talk with their drivers anywhere any time. And didn't agree about it being private. I stated I got involved because several drivers had come to me about this hostile practice badgering and bullying about overtime. The manager didn't let me say anything and stated I did not know anything several times 5-6. I said f**k you to him and he said good now you are going home?? I am one of the least cursing drivers down there and several drivers have said F-U or f**ker and NO-ONE has ever been suspended. I have now received my second 5 day suspension( I assume) he wont tell me until Monday. NO ONE in the history of our market center has received a 5 day suspension for a first offense or any offense , the most I have seen in 27 years was 3 days which usually got reduced to one. There is far more documented facts about these practices being ignored at the higher management level. Does this sound like I need to get a employment attorney? Thanks Steve
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Harrassment- I have worked for a company for 27 years. Recently underwent shoulder surgery(workers Comp) came back from that late Sept. 09, 2010. They changed my wage every day for four straight days significantly lower each day. I filed a Stress claim which W/C denied only to be overturned in the courts( Letter of Adjudication). Since October 1st, 2009 I have been written up for bogus write ups coincidently both times after seeking legal advice on my W/C. My pay was incorrect for 6 weeks consecutively. Then corrected 2 months later. Then I was not paid at all for my two weeks vacation, then I was paid but incorrectly since corrected. Now in April and June of 2010 I have been written up and suspended for 1 week the first time and now probably another week with no pay. The second time involved I was helping a co worker getting bullied about his overtime and engaged in a heated conversation(dual). I am shop steward and it is my duty not to let this stuff not happen in front of peers. I told the manager and G.M. this should have been behind closed doors. They said they can talk with their drivers anywhere any time. And didn't agree about it being private. I stated I got involved because several drivers had come to me about this hostile practice badgering and bullying about overtime. The manager didn't let me say anything and stated I did not know anything several times 5-6. I said f**k you to him and he said good now you are going home?? I am one of the least cursing drivers down there and several drivers have said F-U or f**ker and NO-ONE has ever been suspended. I have now received my second 5 day suspension( I assume) he wont tell me until Monday. NO ONE in the history of our market center has received a 5 day suspension for a first offense or any offense , the most I have seen in 27 years was 3 days which usually got reduced to one. There is far more documented facts about these practices being ignored at the higher management level. Does this sound like I need to get a employment attorney? Thanks Steve

Response: Yes, you would need a labor and employment lawyer to enforce your rights. However, since you belong to the Union, you would need to go through the grievance process before filing a retaliation/harassment claim with California Department of Industrial Relations.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileDiscriminationComplaint.htm

Click on the links below to find California labor and employment lawyers:

http://www.justia.com/

http://www.lawyers.com/

http://www.attorneypages.com/