I only have 10 days to file. I fell, Had to have surgery. Can…

Customer Question
I only have 10 days...
I only have 10 days to file. I fell, Had to have surgery. Can I file for an extension ,arbitration,or lawsuit this late,if so how?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Can you explain a little more ? what happened, where at, etc? I will be offline but will pick up in the morning.
July 2nd,2008 I was going to my car, pushing a cart at Kohl,s Dept. store in Yuma, AZ. The cross walk joined the sidewalk in the parking lot was a little higher and had a deep rut.The tiny wheels on the cart went in the rut and high spot and stopped suddenly. The cart went over and me with it.. My face was black, swollen. I had other injuries. I had a pinched siotic nerve . Later a cyst formed on my spine. Drs. was trying to control the pain with meds and treatment. I was on oxicodone for a year at least. an MRI finally found the problem. I was sent to Burrows in phoenix, AZ. More MRI, x- rays etc.. Had surgery on my back Dec.3rd,2009. Have been slow to recover and still have nerve damage that keeps me awake sometimes all night tingling and numb. My heel and toes on my left leg is numb all the time.I am 80 years old and this has been really decapitating.
You can still file an action, but Arizona has a two year statute of limitations on torts so your time is almost up. There is no way to file for an extension of that time limit although once you file the lawsuit you can always pursue mediation or arbitration by agreement. You need to immediately find another lawyer and file suit to preserve your rights. You can find a lawyer on www.avvo.com or www.lawyers.com. Look for ones who do personal injury, slip and fall, or premises liability cases.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.