Ak Native Corp board of directors reg. sched. meeting (second…

Customer Question
Ak Native Corp board of...
Ak Native Corp board of directors reg. sched. meeting (second and fourth Tuesdays of ea. mo.) "postponed" due to power outage and no meeting agenda was printed or posted and chair wants to have the meeting at her call as long as "there is a quorum". Does this violate 24 hr. notice to shareholders or open meetings act and if not a legal meeting will any action by BOD at this meeting be non binding? Also as an employee the Executive Director is charged to make sure all laws (oath of office) are followed to keep in line with by-laws etc.?
[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
If they are not giving adequate notice, not posting an agenda, and not meeting with a quorum then any actions they take at those meetings are subject to being overturned by a court.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD1992,
I know your busy, I'll keep looking/finding info to the short answer we already know. The few board members who operate as a majority are not going to be worried of being taken to court about a lack of meeting notice/posting or open meeting act by a shareholder.
Thanks,
cn
Was there something else you need to know? We're never to busy to make sure all of a customers questions are answered.

I'm not sure what you're looking for. The meetings are obviously "illegal" and so any actions taken at the meeting are voidable once someone complains. If you have any other questions please put them in this thread so I can try and assist.