A police incident report was written up for me and a person…

Customer Question
A police "incident" report was...
A police "incident" report was written up for me and a person of whom was involved in the incident. It was a "traffic incident" not an accident but was not written up as so due to the circumstances at hand. The police officer who handed me the incident report said it was not necessary to report it to my auto insurance. Should I take his advice or go ahead and report it to my auto insurance anyhow?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2010
Lawyer: Jack R., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Was there any damage or other claim for the insurance company to handle ?