I live in Missouri City, TX, and am part of a townhome hoa…

Customer Question
I live in Missouri City...
I live in Missouri City, TX, and am part of a townhome hoa from heLL!!! How do I go about rallying fellow homeowners to request a special meeting to remove board members from office- besides, the president of the hoa lives in aNOTHER city, so I am sure that she doesn't have our best interests at heart.
Also, what are the pros and cons of dissolving one hoa and starting up another hoa?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You would likely need a local lawyer her to file lawsuit to seek to dissolve or at least disqualify those persons including the president who don't hold legal vote and title.I see no way around a lawyer to fight for your rights and to force these guys to recognize other candidates and hold real legitimate elections or dissolve the current board.These guys won't go willingly, HOAs get sued all the time.

Lawyer for you here..

Contact us by phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor (877) 9TEXBAR (Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays. We also have phone services in Spanish.

Contact us online: To search for members of our referral service, use our new online service!

Our Service Area

Our LRIS program serves more than 240 counties in Texas. We assist more than 80,000 callers like you each year.

To help you find a lawyer, tell us the county where you need an attorney.

If our service does not cover the county you need, we will refer you to an LRIS program that can assist you.

Other Lawyer Referral Services in Texas: If we do not serve your county, we will refer you to a certified LRIS program that can help you.

Steps and Costs

1. Our LRIS staff will ask you three things:

· The county where you need the attorney
· Basic information about your legal problem
· Your name, mailing address, and telephone number

In order to receive a referral from our service, we must have your name and mailing address. This information is only shared with the attorney we refer you to. We do not sell, rent or share your information with anybody else.

2. Once we refer you to a lawyer, it is your responsibility to make the first call. When you make the call, let the lawyer know that you have been referred by the State Bar LRIS service.

3. Your lawyer will charge you an initial consultation fee for the first ½ hour of his or her time. This ½ hour fee will be no more than $20.

After that, additional charges should be determined by an agreement between you and your attorney.

Do not hesitate to discuss details about money! Make sure you understand completely what your lawyer will be charging you.

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/22/2010 at 7:46 PM EST