My attorney (located in California) has not make any efforts…

Customer Question
My attorney (located in California)...
My attorney (located in California) has not make any efforts to get the case settled, despite the evidences provided to him. The defendants are ready to settle. This case has been dragging on for more than 6 years since the case is filed in Supreme Court of Los Angeles County in California.

The problem I have right now is the contingency based agreement with this attorney. Also, he refused to accept the video phone relay calls (I'm deaf).

I want to replace him with different attorney, as he's not very cooperative.

Suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
You always have the right to replace your attorney and hire another one, although he is entitled to be paid for the work he has done. You may want to raise the issue with him, particularly about the video calls, and let him know you want another counsel. You can also advise him that you are displeased enough to go to the State Bar.

Most lawyers will not object to you taking your case somewhere else and then the two lawyers will work out a fee split between them.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Ok. Please tell me how much do you know about ADA? His repeated refusal to accept the video relay calls are violating ADA laws.

Please provide the details on how to file the complaint with California State Bar Associations.
I used to work with the ADA quite a bit but haven't lately. I agree that his refusal to accept the video relay calls or make other arrangements are violations of the ADA.

There is an article on filing a complaint with the California State Bar at http://www.ehow.com/how_4678404_file-lawyer-complaint-california.html. In addition, their website is at http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/LawyerRegulation.aspx.

Since you know ADA, what procedures do I need to file the ADA complaint against him?
There is no government agency to file a complaint with in this case. It can be a part of your grievance or a separate lawsuit.

It seems to me that you are not familiar with ADA, as I already have experience in ADA case against the university in Nevada (which we won the case).

"Grevance" - please elborate on this part. If you are not sure if you are qualified to answer ADA related questions (missing ADA "Titles" parts in your answers), as I prefer detailed answers, not "generalized" answers.
I am extremely familiar with ADA, I've been involved in cases with it since it was first enacted. However, I am going to opt out since your questions have now changed since the ones you posted and I answered. Best wishes.