I am being sued by Midland Financial on a credit card debt.

Customer Question
The suit has gottem to...
I am being sued by Midland Financial on a credit card debt. The suit has gottem to the point of Midland making a motion for Summary Judgement. According to what I have pickek up thru the net their logic for this judgement is standard fare in their industry. First question, if the debt has already been written off is this debt still an "open account"?
Secondly, how do i proceed to stop the judgement. i sadly confess, i probably did not do what i should have done from the start.
dan
dgibbsAsuddenlink.net
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. You can oppose the motion raising questions of fact making motion premature or if you owe the debt, work out a settlement payment plan. you can also file bankruptcy.