My husband has had a business for 23 years...Our main means…

Customer Question
My husband has had a...
My husband has had a business for 23 years...Our main means of advertising is the phone books. My husband changed some of he ads and the advertising company for the phone book has removed the ads and the incorrect phone number is XXXXX there anything we can do? The company that handles the phone book says they will put a listing on the internet..We have done everything to stay afloat the past few years..this is going to kill us..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
I had a very similar experience myself a few years ago. If you read their contract carefully I suspect you'll find language that limits their liability to the amount of the ad and that language has been upheld by courts across the country as being part of the contract. I wish I had better news for you, I'm sorry.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.