Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I have some questions regarding my apartment. North
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Hello, I have some questions regarding my apartment … read more
My landlord just sent me a letter demanding an additional $4734.39
ScottyMacEsq, Doctoral Degree
My landlord just sent me a letter demanding an additional $4734.39 in damages in addition to my security /pet deposity of $1645.00. what recourse do I have?… read more
I lived in an apartment for one year. Before I left, I cleaned
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I lived in an apartment for one year. Before I left, I cleaned the carpet because of a spot in the living room. However, I was billed almost 600.00 because they stated they could not get the spot out.… read more
My former landlord deducted $800.00 out of our deposit. She
Ely, Counselor at Law
My former landlord deducted $800.00 out of our deposit. She said it was for backyard clean-up(there was nothing in the backyard but dirt, no landscaping), carpet steaming(carpet was clean and vacummed… read more
I rented a home in Southern California for the last 20 months.
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
I rented a home in Southern California for the last 20 months. The landlord left me a message on my answering machine informing me he had to move back into his home so I needed to move out. He hounded… read more
Hi, we (my husband, I, and our 7 kids) have been renting a
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Hi, we (my husband, I, and our 7 kids) have been renting a property for 2 years now. We always paid the rent on time, and now we are vacating we need a letter from our landlords confirming that we alw… read more
Hi. I just finish my lease and move out of the house, but
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
Hi. I just finish my lease and move out of the house, but still pending security deposit. The landlord wants to charge me for the replacement of the carpets, which were used and stained when I move in… read more
I reside in Florida and rented a home. The home was sold. The
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
I reside in Florida and rented a home. The home was sold. The real estate agent handling the case states we must clean the carpet because it was cleaned when we moved in. Are we required to clean the … read more
My previous landlord issued a letter of charges totaling $2,688.64
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Hearing Officer/Attorney
My previous landlord issued a letter of charges totaling $2,688.64 on the carpet, 59 days after we moved out (Albany, NY). The carpet was dingy and marked as such in the move-in sheet. Tenant claims d… read more
Scottsdale, AZ. I received a bill from the management company
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Owner of my own law firm
Scottsdale, AZ. I received a bill from the management company at my last apartment to replace the carpet. The bill is for $850, claiming that there were stains. I only lived in the apartment for 1 yea… read more
I rented a place in East Windsor New Jersey from a private
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
I rented a place in East Windsor New Jersey from a private owner and my family (wife and three boys) and myself lived at the place for two years. the owner wanted us not to wear our shoes on the carpe… read more
Hello i would llike to know how to go about this i had rend
FLACORPLAWYER
FLACORPLAWYER, Doctoral Degree
Hello i would llike to know how to go about this i had rend my home in acworg GA,the hosue is only 9 years old to some folks who skipped out on one months rent and did numerous damages to the home inc… read more
If you live in a home for two years with a deposit of 1895.00.
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Doctoral Degree
If you live in a home for two years with a deposit of 1895.00. The landlord says that you did 4130.00 damages. Can he get the balacne for us? The carpet had stains in difference spots and they what us… read more
I recently moved out of state. I moved out of my previous ...
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
I recently moved out of state. I moved out of my previous apartment and into my new apartment. I moved out about two months ago. I JUST received a letter in the mail about a bleach stain (a small one)… read more
I have lived in a town house for 7 years and the carpet was ...
Walter
Walter, Just Answer Consultant
I have lived in a town house for 7 years and the carpet was never replaced. The landlord is charging me for the carpet removal, is this right?… read more
Can i be sued by a landlord for damages if i have moved to ...
Walter
Walter, Just Answer Consultant
Can i be sued by a landlord for damages if i have moved to another state? If so am i required to travel back to that state to defend myself? Also in wisconsin what are the laws concerning paint and ca… read more
I have just moved from a house that my self, my friend, and ...
Alice Wright
Alice Wright, Research Expert
I have just moved from a house that my self, my friend, and my three children have rented for the past three years. We each paid our part of the rent and utilities. I am disabled and so is my friend. … read more
I moved out of my apartment about a month ago. The ...
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I moved out of my apartment about a month ago. The rental property sent me a bill for over $1900.00 worth of charges. Things on the invoice I think were normal wear and tear. They are charging me for … read more