6 mos prior to and 6 mos after Chptr 7 I propose to live on…

Customer Question
6 mos prior to and...
6 mos prior to and 6 mos after Chptr 7 I propose to live on $36 K SS, $56 K earnings, the b
alance gifts or loans from children.Is this OK?
How much harrassment can I be subjected to if I elect to live with a judgment? This is a Tx case, and all my assets are in a homestead, an ira and a 15 year old attorney vetted flp.
If an unfriendly party owns a minority interest in a flp, can the the gp support a 5% mgt fee in court?Can a creditor challenging a flp reasonably expect to prevent the partners from making distributions for living expenses?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you mean, can a bankruptcy trustee challenge your Chapter 7 after the fact on grounds of fraud, then the answer is yes. It's not likely, though, unless a creditor alerts the trustee to the possibility that you may be intentionally limiting your earnings in order to qualify for the Chapter 7.

Re partnership management fees, the minority interest could sue the partners for breach of fiduciary/loyalty, if the management fee is unreasonable in view of the services provided.

Re a creditor preventing partners from making distributions, if the creditor gets a charging order against the partnership for the judgment debtor's portion of the partnership interest, then whatever the partners distribute, that portion that would have gone to the judgment debtor could be siezed.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Is living off family loan proceeds during 7 in & of itself prohibited if other income is legitimately within allowed range?

After it is legally established that I have no attachable assets, what actions can a creditor take and how repetively before it becomes harrassment and I can get relief from the court?

Here I am referring to if I elect to live with the judgment as opposed to 7?

A: No. But, a creditor or trustee can claim that the loans are really income, because the loan will ultimately be forgiven, and if successful in this claim, your bankruptcy could be dismissed as not filed in "good faith."

A: The creditor can't do anything. As for it becoming harassment, Sections 806-808 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act describe what constitutes unlawful debt collection harassment.