Hey..... I am 21 years old and I won a 2003 yellow h2 hummer…

Customer Question
Hey..... I am 21 years...
Hey..... I am 21 years old and I won a 2003 yellow h2 hummer when I was 16. Me and my mothers name were put on the title. Now I am livng in the Faroe Islands where I got married to a man in Oct. 2008. I shipped the Hummer over to the islands in 2009. HIS NAME WAS NEVER PUT ON THE TITLW. Now we are trying to get a divorce and he says that I can't take the hummer back to the States with me. He says that, legally, he ca keep it cus we are married. Is that true?? Or do I have the legal right to take it back to the States with me since I am it's legal guardian??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2010
Lawyer: SavyLawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
SavyLawyer
SavyLawyer, Attorney
Hello, and thank you for contacting the just answer team.

Where is the vehicle licensed (Faroe islands, florida)? Where are you filing for divorce? (Faroe islands, florida?)

Thanks
we have gotten married and are filing for divorce in the Faroe Islands. But the vehicle is registered in Florida... not in the Faroe Islands. And the vehicle is NOT in his name. It is in my and my mothers name.
If you are filing for divorce in Faroe Islands (under which Danish Law applies), the car is subject to Danish divorce law regardless of where it is registered. I am going to opt out and let another person assist you because I am not familiar with Danish divorce law.

Take care
Ok... can you assist me to that person right away?
Is there a danish lawyer who can help me with this question??
Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 8 years ago
Fran-mod

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a moderator at JustAnswer.

You have asked a legal question about a country that we do not have active Experts in. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal.

You can certainly keep your question open, see if one of our experts is able to assist you, and determine if the answer is helpful to you before deciding whether to accept it. Or, if you prefer, we can close your question page for you and either leave the deposit, which you can apply against a future question, or process you a refund.

Best,

Fran

Moderator