THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO THE WIDOW ACROSS THE STREET. WHEN SHE…

Customer Question
THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO...
THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO THE WIDOW ACROSS THE STREET. WHEN SHE TOLD ME
THAT HER HUSBAND'S ACCIDENTAL DEATH IN SEPT 2007 WHILE EMPLOYED BY
DUVAL CONCRETE COMPANY IN JACKSONVILLE (OPERATING HEAVY EQUIPMENT)
THAT HER LOCAL JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA ATTORNEY TOLD HER THAT THERE WAS
"NO MONEY COMING", THERE WAS "NO NEGLIGENCE" UNDER FLORIDA LAW.

I'M NOT A LAWYER BUT I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 28 YEARS SEARCHING OUT AND ANALYZING LIENS, SUITS AND JUDGMENTS AGAINST BUSINESS ENTITIES.

WHILE I UNDERSTAND THAT A POTENTIALLY AGRIEVED PARTY HAS ONE YEAR FROM
THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT TO FILE INTENT, I FEEL THAT A NEWLY WIDOWED
WOMEN IN SHOCK GOT VERY POOR LEGAL ADVICE.

THIS HAPPENED 2 YEARS AND 9 MONTHS AGO. CAN ANYTHING BE DONE?

BILL WELCH 2540 HIDDEN VILLAGE DR
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32216 (NNN) [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2010
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Unfortunately, it is too late for her to sue for wrongful death under Florida law. In Florida, a widow or surviving heir has 2 years from the date of the person's death to sue for wrongful death ( http://www.statutes-of-limitations.com/state/florida).

There is no tolling of the statute of limitations. She may have received bad advice, but there's nothing she can do now to resurrect any possible claim for her husband's death.