Hello It I made an agreement with a contractors board because…

Customer Question
Hello It I made an...
Hello
It I made an agreement with a contractors board because the contractor told me he was going out of business, is the agreement still legal, When the company did not go out of business and just made that up???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2010
Lawyer: Joseph, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney

If a contract was made under false pretenses, it would be subject to being voided. So, if you made the contract with the company expressly because they were going out of business, then you certainly would have an argument that the contract should be voided.

Having said that, I would examine the situation thoroughly before proceeding. If the contract made sense for you before, it may still make sense for you now. If so, there likely wouldn't be any reason for having it voided.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.