Im a disabled veteran as determined by the VA. The neighbors…

Customer Question
I'm a disabled veteran as...
I'm a disabled veteran as determined by the VA. The neighbors all think you have to be in a wheelchair and have four missing limbs in order to be considered a service-connected disabled veteran. Whatever I do I'm being watched and they complain to everybody who will listen. I don't think my life is any of their business so I stopped associating with any of them. A few weeks ago I think they had VA personnel sitting in the neighborhood spying on me so I turned the VA in to Senator Herb Kohl. There's been nobody like that watching me since. I think the neighbors might have the police department trying to cook up something on me just like they did last June after I got a lawn tractor off eBay for a good price that was better than anything they have. Once I was sure the police department was investigating me I turned them in to the governor. I'm probably more financially secure than any of them so I don't think what I do is any of their business. How do I teach all of them a lesson?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Thank you for your service to our country.

What evidence do you have of their actions?
I heard the neighbors talking about it in the back yard this past Saturday. They talked about earlier that morning as I was getting back from walking the dog which they think I'm not supposed to do and how some other spies saw me. My legs do have something wrong with them but I'm not yet receiving any disability on that, the disability compensation is for other things.

You may be able to obtain a civil harassment order. I will explain.

For a civil harassment order you would need to show that the person is engaging in a knowing and willful course of conduct directed at you that seriously alarms, annoys, or harasses you and that serves no legitimate purpose.

The course of conduct must be such as to cause you substantial emotional distress.

You can obtain the forms from the local courthouse. You may also read more about a civil harassment order at this link:
http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?id=12418&state_code=W
I

Again thank you for your service to our country.