I have question about custody of my child and changes in his…

Customer Question
I have question about custody...
I have question about custody of my child and changes in his birth sertificate. Here is my situation: My son now 3 years old. When he was 11 month old we separeted from his father. We never been married, but he is biological father and his name in a birth sertificate. Since we left he didn't care about our son, even ,when I've been try to rich him, he dosn't answer the phone call, after lieve a message, he would call me back sometimes in a few weeks later. He won't communicate with me about important matters. But He does not want to give up his parents rights,because he wants to make us dependable from him. I'd like to now how can I get sole legal custody or terminate his parents rights,also remove his name frombirth sertif. and change my son last name. If it's impossible, give me advise what will be better for us to resolve this situation. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2010
Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Tina, Lawyer

Thank you for contacting JA.

Is there a man who acts as a father in your son's life and wishes to adopt him?

I'm not sure that he wants to adopt son. But we traveling alot and any time I should get his permision to travel aboard.

I see. My apologies for the delay. I was offline for a bit.

If the biological father vigorously contests the matter, it could get very expensive, so you may wish to file a petition to establish parental rights giving you sole legal custody so you can make decisions for your son without the father's input.

You could try to terminate his parental rights through the court, but if the father does contests it, the court may deny your motion and instead provide visitation rights and order child support, especially since there is not another man who wishes to adopt your son at this time.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

___________________________________________________________________________________

Even if you have a subscription, please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by JA and then request follow-up assistance from me if necessary. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and cannot constitute legal advice based on rules of professional conduct. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you received if it is not favorable to your situation. I work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Please do not shoot the messenger if it is not the answer you wished to hear. As always, I continue to be dedicated to providing you with professional and courteous service.