I bought a house & due to credit problems it went in my fiances…

Customer Question
I bought a house &...
I bought a house & due to credit problems it went in my fiances name.Now we are seperating & she took the 8 grand from fha.My paycheck was deposited into an account that paid the bills & i renovated a lot of the house myself.What am i entitled too?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/20/2010
Lawyer: Michael J., Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Michael J., Esq.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

You paid for the house completely?

Michael
no we have a moetgage but its in her name, i paid all the down payment & everything else.It is a joint bank account but she dont make enough $ for her phone & car payments so she cant say any of her $ was for the house

If the house is in her name, then legally the tax return money is hers as well. At this point, the IRS doesn't know any different.

You are entitled to part or all of that money, but the only way to force her to pay it to you would be to sue her and claim that the money is yours.

Good luck,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael