My boyfriend and I are buying a home.He tells me my name cant…

Customer Question
My boyfriend and I are...
My boyfriend and I are buying a home.He tells me my name can't be on the title until it is paid for because we are not married and my credit isn't established like his.Is this true?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, is your boyfriend asserting that a mortgage would not be approved if you are on the deed? This is the only possibility that would make the statement true.
That isn't relevant.Any other reason?
No, other than your boyfriend simply does not want your name listed on the deed or the home has been offered as security for some loan/line of credit and he cannot make a change to the deed without creditor approval.