hi, I would like to legally change my name. I live in New York…

Customer Question
hi, I would like to...
hi, I would like to legally change my name. I live in New York City. I can do it myself but I dont want to take off work. Can an attorney do it for me? If yes, how much wold it cost?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/20/2010
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Roger, Attorney
This is a pretty simple process that you likely can handle yourself. The filing cost is $65 and you can get the petition online (see link below).

The following site tells you what to do and also provides the necessary forms: http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/civil/namechanges.shtml
How to change my name wasn't my question. I know how to do it. My question was......can I do it without going to court myself and without taking off work. I already found the answer to this question.
The link and forms explain all of this. Sorry for not listing it here, but I thought the link was better than me coping and pasting. Good luck.

Edited by Adam Kirk on 6/23/2010 at 11:18 PM EST