My Ex husband is attempting to take the amount of money that…

Customer Question
My Ex husband is attempting...
My Ex husband is attempting to "take" the amount of money that I settled for outside of court. Him and his Attorney's are attempting to extend a "life lease" on a farm that we still jointly own. He has stated that "he doesn't want me to have anything". In our divorce settlement it states that any excess costs including Attorney fees and expences pretaining to the sale of the farm shall be divided equally. My Ex husband's and his family have excess moneys and I don't. Any attempts at negotiations with the Life Leasees (90 yrs old) with the assistance of their daughter and a respected Realtor in the community were turned down by my Ex and his Attorney. My opinion was largely ignored. My Ex's Attorney has implied that I have to pay half of his fees and on top of that to hire my own Attorney to represent me for they want to take the Life Leasee's to court in order for them to sign the deed over. Is there anything I can do to stop this? If so please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/20/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.You can return here to court to enforce any agreement or to seek clarification orders and have this resolved.To me your ex is refusing to follow the terms of the agreement here.You have good facts to return to judge but you will need a local divorce lawyer to make this a fair fight.If you prevail court may award you lawyer fees in this matter here.