I had a fight with my wife some 10yrs ago over some financial…

Customer Question
I had a fight with...
I had a fight with my wife some 10yrs ago over some financial problem. I did slap her on the face once because she was too aggressive and rude as she is most of the time. She called the police. There was no injury or arrest and no one else witnessed the incident but I was naive enough to admit before the police that I did slap her. I was prosecuted and had a citation for class 'c' assault. My wife did admit in court that she was indeed provocative over the incident. She paid the $250 fined. We are still married for 22yr and have learned manage anger better and made new financial arrangements. We both regret the incident. No prior criminal records. However, my record still shows the incident . How can this be expunged?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/20/2010
Lawyer: NewYorkLaw101, Attorney replied 8 years ago
NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Hi and thanks for using Just Answer
Sorry to hear about your situation.
One of the first things you need to do is to get a copy of the records from the Texas Department of Public Safety - unfortunately, they will not be able to assist you with any legal questions at the Public Safety Department.
BAsed on the information that you provided you should be able to get the record expunged -
You should visit your local criminal court to get the proper paper work as according to the Texas statue on Expunging records the procedure starts with a request by the defendant to expunge the record

The procedure however while not complicated is better handled by a criminal attorney who can likely get your record expunged in faster manner - Here is a link of the criminal procedure code applicable to the state of Texas
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.55.htm#55.01

Hope this helps
have a great day
please remember to press ACCEPT
NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
I write to express my appreciation for your sound professional advice which resulted in a successful petition. I did follow all the steps you enumerated and achieved my goal , even when nearly all the attorneys consulted here had negative forecast for the outcome. I had to pursue it all alone and I am so pleased it all turned out so easy.
Once again, thanks for your assistance.
Lawyer: NewYorkLaw101, Attorney replied 7 years ago

Hi and thanks for taking the time to write back to update me on your case! I am happy that the information I provided you was of assistance. If you ever need any additional assistance, just ask!

Have a great day! as this note definitely made my day. A happy customer is always great to hear.