DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE ON AN AIREATION SEPTIC SYSTEM GRY WATER…

Customer Question
DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE...
DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE ON AN AIREATION SEPTIC SYSTEM GRY WATER BEING DUMPED IN A DITCH IN FRON AND SIDE YARD.TOWNSHIP STATES THAT IF I WANT TO LAY PIPE THEY WILL DIG OUT DITCH BUT I HAVE TO PAY FOR MATERIAL AND LABOR?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Who is dumping the water? Why don't you want it in the ditch? Does the ditch belong to you?

my next door neighbor had to put the aeriation system in due to leach field in back of their house washed out and nesitated pumping the aereation water in my ditch in my front and side yard to main drain.

the reason i do not want the discharge is because my well is in the front yard and the water is eroding the ditch.

Ah. I understand now. I was thinking the city was somehow dumping.

A person is entitled to make the best use of their property, which means they can pretty much do what they want to unless it interferes with someone else's use of their property. For instance, if I own land and want to put in a shooting range, that's my business but if the noise and bullets interfere with my neighbors being able to sleep, etc then I am committing a "nuisance" and have to pay them compensation.

In your case you should be able to sue the neighbor whose system is causing the problem for the dollar value of what it would cost to correct it.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.