We just purchased a home, I am not on the loan but was quit claimed on the deed.

Customer Question
I have many...
I have many, many debts on medical bills.
Can a company or person file a lien on our new home?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2010
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good afternoon. You have a homestead exemption of $125,000 in equity in Utah for recently acquired property...so that is going to protect you from creditors coming after your home for your medical bills.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.